I'm Ready for My First 5K

So the day for the race (Run Like A Diva) is almost here.  I must confess that even though I know I'm ready, I feel anxious, nervous and a little apprehensive.  I guess its normal since I'm facing the unknown, but I will give it my best shot.

The fact that I'm doing this is unbelievable  to me because I NEVER  liked to run before, and now I'm doing it and no one is putting a gun to my head. (I think that was the only way I would have run before- LOL)

On this journey- it's to my amazement to have learned  how the mind set changes when you make it change.  You start seeing and approaching things differently.


So I got an email from the people of the event, "Run Like A Diva" letting me know my bib number is #5269.  I'm always looking for the significance of any number given to me, but I don't always find it.  My favorite/lucky number is 13 for obvious reasons ( I was born on the 13th and ironic enough I turned 13 on a Friday the 13th).  I lost 113 pounds and I could go on and on, but I won't.

 So the only thing I see here is that if you add all the numbers 5+2+6=13 and then you have the 9 left over-- There you go!! 9/13 (my birthday).  Hmmmm!! Does that mean something or nothing at all?? Who knows-- Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (Sigmund Freud)

I will be running wearing my bib with my number #5269 and above, it will read "CCSurvivorDiva".  I will be wearing Tamika and Friends "Survivor Slimdown" t-shirt.   I will be running for ME and for those that cannot.  In memory of all the women that have lost the battle fighting cervical cancer. 

On Saturday 10/6/12, I'm suppose to pick up the bib and the packet with the chip that will let me know how long it took me to run the race, and I'll be there bright and early on Sunday 10/7/12.  It's still so surreal to me!!!


I'm Ready!!!!!

"I have my own rule, and that is that every day I run faster, and try harder." ~ Wilson Kipketer

Related Link:
I Conquered My First 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment