I'm A Foodie Pen Pal

I am sure everyone knows what a pen pal is.  Years back I used to have a pen pal  from Nicaragua but somehow we lost contact, but I have always liked to exchange ideas and stories with other people.

So when I heard about the program "Foodie Pen Pals", I was intrigued.  So what is it? you might ask.  Well, Foodie Penpals is a program that Lindsay Livingston from TheLeanGreenBean.com started in September 2011.

Every month you are paired with someone via email.  You send this person a box of goodies in the mail ($15 spending limit).  The boxes are to be filled with healthy fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats with a personal written note.  I thought it was an awesome idea and I joined the program.

Waiting for the goodie box is like waiting for a Christmas present.  I couldn't wait to see what I was going to be receiving.  It's fun!!!!

So I received my box from Dan, a personal trainer and chef in Maryland.  It was filled with such amazing stuff.

Inside my Goodie Box

I got the best granola I've ever had.  It was baked and it was from a place named Michelle's in Baltimore.  I ate the bag almost in one sitting.  I had to STOP myself.  I wish I can find it here in NY.

I also got roasted coffee from Zeke's and cookies with Maryland's favorite seasoning "Old Bay", and last but not least, I got a spice blend Dan makes himself and sells at his local farmer's markets.  He calls it "DTM's Inferno".  You can use it on your meats or vegetables when you grill them.  

Dan even sent me a recipe using his home made spice (DTM's Inferno) on chicken wings. It reads:

"Mix the DTM's Inferno with some flour (I do about a 1:6 ratio), coating some chicken wings in egg, dredging them in the mixture, then bake them at 400 degrees for 30 minutes (turn them over halfway through).  The result is some incredibly crispy, spicy wings... my mouth is watering already."

I want to give special thanks to Dan for sending me all my goodies!  I really enjoy all of them.

If you want more information or want to join the Foodie Pen Pals - click HERE



My foodie pen pal for the month of September, was Ashley from Minnesota who blogs over at Sore Legs & Scrambledeggs. Wanna see what I mailed to Ashley this month?  Head over to her blog and check out her Foodie Pen Pals post!

"The manner of giving is worth more than the gift." ~ Pierre Corneille

 

No comments:

Post a Comment