My Birthday Month Celebration

I decided that this year I was going to celebrate not only my birth-day, but my entire birthday-month. I needed to celebrate more than one day the new ME.

For so many years I experienced the birthday blues.  I used to look forward to my special day and when it came, I didn't feel the happiness.  Why? Perhaps because I wasn't happy with myself, even though I thought I was.  I have a great husband, I survived cancer, I have a great life and great people in it.  What  else can I want?

Little did I know--I was masking all the pain that I felt inside.  I was inside my own cocoon. I really wasn't happy and didn't like myself.   It took an eye opener for me to really dig deep inside and make a determination to change my lifestyle.

It's NOT easy, I work at it every day, but the results have been amazing.  This year I loved my birthday.  I can really say I celebrated my life. All my blessings were not taken for granted and for the first time I feel free. I have been re-born. 

Yankee Stadium
The month is almost over, but it has been memorable.  Every day I celebrated the new ME and loved it. I was overwhelmed with so much love and best wishes and for that I thank everyone.   At the risk of sounding like a cliche, I have to say when you put out positive thoughts, positive things happen. 

Besides being blessed with a wonderful husband, I have been blessed with a wonderful brother.  He took me to see a Yankee game and I never phantom that I would see my name in the middle of Yankee Stadium marquee congratulating me for all my achievements. It was totally amazing!!!

On September 22, I walked the NYC Walk to Beat the Clock for a cause very dear and near to my heart as a cervical cancer survivor.  This was my fourth year walking and the best of them all.  I walked stronger, healthier and happier than years past.  What a difference a year makes.

Last Year vs. This Year- "NYC Walk to Beat the Clock 2012"

I could go on and on with so many great things that has happened this month, but I won't bore you.  Just know that this year has been an amazing one for me and hope it continues, but I am also ready for those bumps on the road.

For those people that have been wondering if I ate cake on my birthday, the answer is YES!! Absolutely!!  I even ate a "Flan" without feeling any guilt whatsoever. For me, that's a big accomplishment because I always felt guilty after I used to indulge, leading me into a binging episode since I thought "WTH, I already messed up".  The difference now is that I know when to STOP and I'm OK with it.  It's a new ME!!!
 Cheers to a new year!!!!


,
I got a Bravo! from my Target Weight Phone Application

Deprivation is not living without certain foods but living with them and being deprived of your true health and happiness!!!! ~ Julia Harvey

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing story, happy birthday! :)

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete