I'm Home - I've Shrinked to 125 Pounds

I am HOME!!!
It has been an exhausting, long and difficult journey but I'm HOME.  I have officially lost 113 pounds and 55 inches of my body. I have reached my ultimate goal - "HEALTH".

Today is my birthday and I have given myself the best present ever.  I'm about to say something that I never phantom I would ever say: "I weigh a healthy 125 pounds, muscles and all".  

It is by unanimous decision from Dr. Wright (my oncologist), Dr, Maselli (my Internist /Diabetes doctor)  Ronni (#myfoodpolice), #KillerKetsy (my trainer) Freddie (my husband), my entire supportive family and ME that I am exactly where I have to be.

For those of you that were starting to get worried about my weight loss, fear no more, I have reached my goal, I have reached my limits.  Please know that throughout this journey I have been monitored and guided by both of my doctors as well as other qualified people.  I am stronger, healthier and happier than I have ever been.

Reactions
Before and After
It is to my amazement that I have encountered both sides of the spectrum on this journey.  Many have expressed how healthy, and good I look while others have expressed how anorexic, sick and awful I look.  I understand both sides.  I believe that the negative comments come from the fact that these people are not use to seeing me this way. I look totally different, I look like another person.

My husband said something funny the other day.  He said, I feel like I have married two different women without getting divorced. Ha Ha -- So he wishes.

 I don't take the negative comments personal because I understand them.  I have more or less the same problem, and even though I lost the weight very gradually, it is shocking to those who have not seen me in awhile.  Sometimes I don't recognize myself, but it's ME, A healthy ME, and I'm here to stay-- so get use to the new "ME."  

New Blog
New Blog
As many of you know I have other blogs, A New Camino - A Latina's Journey Back from Cervical Cancer and The Voices of Two Mujeres.  I have received so many e-mails asking me about my obesity journey and asking for pointers on how to motivate themselves to better health, that I decided to write about it.

I wanted to write about  my ups and downs of this journey.  Traveling this journey by no means makes me an expert on weigh loss, or health nor I have become a nutritionist or personal trainer.  I wanted to share what I have learned and what I am still learning.   So here it is!!! "Heavy Girl to Healthy Girl"  has been born today - on my birthday!!!!  It is no coincidence--I want this blog to commemorate the new Me. I literally feel like I have been born again.

If this blog or my story inspires you, then I am happy to have touched something in you to spark the motivation that is needed for any journey.  Don't feel alone.  You are not!!

Thank You
The LOVE of my Life!!
The list is very long to name and thank everyone individually but you know who you are.  It didn't have to be a big help.  The small help or the simple words of encouragement  helped me get through the hard times and that made a difference.  It took a year and two months to be exact (who's counting), but I would do it all over if I had to.  It was worth every tear, ever pain, every emotion and every sacrifice.

Special thanks to the man that stole my heart many years ago, my husband, Freddie.  It is no wonder that I adore him.  I have traveled two enormous journeys with him at my side.  The support and love that he has given me has been AMAZING.  I don't think I could have survived through these journeys without him.  I love him dearly.

Thank you God for putting all these people in my path and for blessing me the way you have.  I am HOME!!!
   
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."--Chinese Proverb. 


Note:  I selected this post to be featured on Healthy Living Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

4 comments: