A Success Story - Meet Rhonda M.

Name:  Rhonda M 
Age: 42, 
Height: 5'5"
Before Weight: 457lbs
Current Weight:  213lbs 
(As of 31/2 weeks ago. I haven't been on the scale since, and won't get back on until 12/30/13) 

How did you gain your weight?   I have always been overweight during my adolescents and adult life. I am an emotional eater, didn't eat healthy and over ate with little to no exercise.

What made you change your lifestyle?  In January 2012, I read on FB that a friend of mine in TX had decided to lose weight, and I decided I would try one more time. I knew I had to do something soon or I would die an early death. I could barely walk at that point.

How did you lose your weight?  I have lost my weight by counting calories using the application My Fitness Pal (myfitnesspal.com), and exercising more. I have 2 protein shakes a day, and 3 other meals. I do not deny myself anything. I eat in moderation, and if it is something I can't have in moderation I try to limit it. Again when I started, I could barely walk 150 steps with out being winded and exhausted. I started wearing a Fitbit to monitor my steps, and would try to just walk a minimum of 100 steps more each day.

I also started riding an electric bicycle. I now commute 3-5 days a week to work by bike 30 miles round trip.   April of 2013 I decided to get a trainer. Now I train 3 days a week, take water aerobics twice a week, swim once a week and do whatever other homework my trainer assigns. I have not reached my goal weight yet-- I still have about 56 lbs to go.

What was the hardest obstacle in your weight loss journey?  The biggest obstacle for me is the mental one. Learning to deal with my emotions in a healthy constructive way and rebuilding my self confidence.

Any advise you would like to offer to people that are starting this journey?  My advice is to start with making small changes. Each small change will add up over time. Set mini goals....focusing on the big picture can get very frustrating.

Do you have a FB Fan page, IG, and/or Blog? I have a FB page --Living Instead of Existing.    

 ###

Editor's Note:  I don't know Rhonda personally, but I've been a fan of her FB page for awhile now.  I have found her to be inspirational and incredibly strong.  She is the epitome of determination. 
I want to thank Rhonda for sharing her story and showing us that no mountain is too high and no battle is too big. I have no doubt that she will reach her goal.  I can't wait to see that day.  I will be cheering her from the sideline.  Rhonda you can do this girl!!!!! Keep strong and focused.

1 comment:

  1. this is absolutely fabulous. it is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete