I'm Not Saying Good Bye - "My March 5K's Races"

It has been so long since I wrote about my races that I just have to remind everyone about my status. A few months ago, I sustained a hamstring problem due to lack of stretching after my workouts.  It is so important to stretch, so please do so, if you don't already. You will avoid many injuries.

My goal was to do one 5K every month for 2013, and at the same time train for my half marathon in October.  Needles to say this goal has been put on hold.  I have to take care of my problem otherwise I can do further damage.
I was very upset when Ketsy (my trainer) advised me not to run for at least three months and to stretch as much as possible.  I also went back to Yoga, which I realized I shouldn't have stopped.  We live and learn.

My March 5K's where my last two races for awhile. I ran them with a heavy heart.  I knew I wouldn't be running in awhile and at the same time I was mourning the loss of my friend Ronni who passed away unexpectedly on March 3, 2013.

Me and My friend Cat
On March 10, 2013, I ran the RMHA "Healthy Minds, Healthy Bodies" 5K  at Van Cortland Park.  I had heard of the trail and hills of this park, but this was the first time I've ran here even though the park is almost in my backyard.

I was happy to have had my friend Cat join me on this run.  It gives me a special energy to have someone I know run with me.  The weather was great which makes any run enjoyable.

The hills on the route were no joke, but I do well on the hills - I like them!! (weird).  Overall, Cat and I did well, finishing with a time of 28:50 and 28:52 respectively.  Making us #90 and #92 out 186 runners. Giving me a new PR- Woohoo!!

On March 16, 2013, I did my last race for awhile-I ran the  NYCRUNS Riverside Park 5K.

It was a good race, great weather, and I felt good.  At the same time, I was kind of sad because I knew my goal had to be put on hold for awhile, and I knew I would have to start from scratch again.  A little discouraging when you think about it, but I believe that whenever you come back, you always come back stronger. I just have to work a little harder, and NOT lose sight of my goal.

I finished the race with a time of 30:46 - I was pleased.  So now, I'm not saying good-bye to running, but I'm saying-- I'll see you later.  I will return....

Not saying Good-bye - I will return...

If I fall, I will get back up.  If I am beaten, I will return. ~ Unknown


3 comments:

  1. Hope you're back at it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try to get back in August Kate. Crossing my fingers - I think I'm strong enough. I want to do a 5K on August 21st- God willing. So crossed your fingers for me. Thank you for your support. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. I have spent a lot of my spare time reading your content. Invite people go to our site desksta

    ReplyDelete