A Success Story - Meet Dona F.

Name: Dona F.
Age:  55
Height: 5'6"
Before Weight:  170
Current Weight:  127

How did you gain your weight?   My diet was not horrible, but I had an issue with portion control.  I was active, but not enough to keep my metabolism going.

What made you change your lifestyle? I did not suffer with any health issue.  I had resigned myself to being the size I was.  My weight never really affected my physical life in anyway, but I was self-conscious and it was hard to find clothes that fit right.  My husband, David, actually got me to go on a diet.  Not because he wasn't happy with the way I looked, but to lose weight himself.  So I went along for the ride.

How did you lose your weight?  We decided to do the NutriSystem Plan.  It was easy to adapt to their program.  We ate their food for about six months.  Between that and boosting my exercise regimen to a higher level, I dropped the pounds.  I took away the lessons needed to change my way of eating so I have been able to keep the weight off.  And I am really into working up a good sweat at the gym.  

What was the hardest obstacle in your weight loss journey?  During my weight loss journey I found it disheartening when people would say that I am getting too skinny or I'll gain the weight back once I go off my diet.  I learned to tune them out and they became the haters or jealous people in my life.  To this day I hate the word skinny.  I am strong and lean!

Any advise you would like to offer to people that are starting this journey? My advice would be to stick to it.  Learn and embrace the knowledge that you gain.  Listen to your body and follow your heart.  Anything is achievable if you find your inner voice and let it sing!

Do you have a FB fan page and/or Blog? No.  I only have a personal FB page.


###

Editor's Note:   I want to congratulate Dona for her amazing transformation and thank her for sharing her story.  I witnessed her evolution of weight loss.  Dona is my friend, my neighbor, and my workout buddy.  We have shared our pains and milestones together.  We pushed through what seemed like big mountains to be able to reach the finish line. I thank you and wish you all the best today and always.








3 comments:

  1. If you looking for weight loss motivation find out how these people went from flab to fab: afterfat.com You can try too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story is great inspiration for all those who are want to loose weight. I think it’s not about getting slim; it’s about living a healthy life. It is not necessary that exercise is being done only to lose weight it should be done stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete