I Survive My Cruise With Very Little Damage

Freddie and I in front of the ship
I'm back from my cruise and I'm proud to say that I survived it with very little damage.  You might be asking, did you gain any weight?  Well, I have to be honest, and confess that I did.  I gained 2 pounds. It might seem like a low number, but believe it or not, I do feel them on my body.


According to Norwegian Cruise Lines' statistics the average cruiser gains 7-20 pounds in the week and only 3% of the 4,000 passengers visit the fitness center during the cruise. I must admit that these statistics scared me.

 Yes!!! I did indulge more often than I usually would have. But I was able to stop when I recognized that I could lose control if I kept going.  This was a big step for me, since in years past, I would let myself go into a whirlwind unable to stop.

Enjoying our balcony
The amount of food served on these ships are outrageous.  They serve food 24 hours at certain locations on the ship, and you can have any dessert you can think of at where I used to call #dessertland. They even had a chocoholic night.  Everything was made out of chocolate.  It was an unbelievable sight and very dangerous for me, but I was able to control it as much as I could.

I did not miss a beat when it came to working out. I worked out everyday.  I ran on the ship's jogging track for the first time 5 miles. I took Spinning classes which was a weird experience since sometimes the bike rocked according to the waves. Took the stairs instead of the elevator and walked everywhere.  Can you imagine if I didn't have worked out???  I would have gained those 7-20 pounds. LOL

Jana, my Australian Princess
I met so many people, in particularly one important person, the ship's fitness instructor. She became my #KillerKetsy (my trainer) away from home.  Sometimes you don't need to know someone for a long time to be able to create a long lasting friendship.  Jana Marie Youssef  from Australia is a beautiful young woman, with a charismatic personality and a heart of gold.  She was amazing in helping me stay focused through out the whole trip.  Thank you Jana - I gained a friend for life.

Overall, Freddie and I had a great time.  Bermuda is very beautiful and we enjoyed exploring the whole island. The whole trip was absolutely great, but it came to an end.  Back to my reality and it is time to continue my journey.

I'm not going to be hard on myself.  I think I did good.  I know I can repair the small damage and continue on my path.  The important thing is that I enjoyed myself without losing too much control and winning the challenge at the end.  I am home!!


My hubby and I at the Light House in Bermuda

At the Gibbs Hill Light House in Bermuda

Trying to call HOME
Me and Hubby
Chocoholic Night.  Everything chocolate.
Beautiful Bermuda
Me and my sweetie
Ran 5 miles on the ship's jogging track
Looking "Cute" for dinner
The least visited place on the ship ~ "The Gym"

"A vacation spot out of season always has a very special magic" ~ Max Von Sydow



4 comments:

  1. I commend u on ur simplicity, humbleness and most of all, determination. So glad u enjoyed ur vacation....what a great reward for all ur efforts. God bless u and ur hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosie. I did enjoyed my cruise and will do it all over again. LOL I will continue forward on my journey. Thank you again. You always recharge my motivation to get inspire. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Helpful tips on vacationing and staying active while having fun. A girl's gotta let loose every once and while. You are inspiring and I'm thrilled to have you join the Empowered Living Blog hop. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and thank you for inviting me to join the empowered living blog hop. You will see me there often :))

      Delete