Sixty By Sixty

 Hello Everyone. Here I am again!! I have been quiet and MIA from here, but make NO mistake I have been working hard on self care, and connecting my mind, body and spirit.

I want to thank you for the enormous feed back and positive comments on my last post regarding my second weight loss journey.  If you did not catch it - you can do so here -->  "My Big Confession."

So let me bring you up to date.  Well, before I do that let me just go back a little bit.  Seven years ago today September 12th, I had lost 113 pounds.  This reversed all my illnesses (diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure) for which I used to take up to five different medications.
I became the Healthy Girl.


Through the years I gained about 60 pounds back (emotional eating).  Not to make excuses, but life does happens.  I gained this weight being active at the gym and teaching fitness classes to my seniors.  Nutrition is key. (This lesson was learned).

At the end of 2018, I began to feel the toll of the extra pounds - not only on my performance at the gym and classes, but also on my health.  My numbers were coming up again.  Not enough for medication, but enough to give me a warning sign.  This was the time to make the U-turn back. That U-turn that I had made before, and was familiar to me.

So I made the decision that 2019 was going to be "epic" for me. Not only I was going to be 10 years cancer FREE, 20 years married to an awesome guy - I was also turning the BIG 60. I wanted to lose 60 pounds by my 60th birthday. 

Much to my dismay, this time around was no picnic, not that the other time was.  This time was more challenging though because I couldn't find a way back that easily.  I struggled in January and half of February.   I searched and researched.  I reached out to my teachers and mentors until one of my teachers mentioned intermittent fasting.  Something I have heard prior by my own friend and trainer, and I had dismissed.
I also found a program (which I will talk to you guys about on a later post) that takes sugar out of your diet.  So I decided to marry both and give it a try.  I have learned that the weight loss journey is a trial and error process.  Not everything works for everyone.

To make a long story short, here we are on the eve of my 60th birthday and as of this morning I was 129.3 pounds.  Yay!!
I have lost a total of 63.2 pounds.  I feel great, healthy, energetic, joyful, vibrant and FREE. My BMI went from 34.1(moderate obese) to 22.9 (normal).  My others number are great - my doctor congratulated me.

Every one travels at their own pace, and that's OK.  I am just here to let you know it can be done with actions and determination.  Never get tired, frustrated or ever give up on your health.
As a cancer survivor I value health.  I have been on the other side and I can tell you this - not too many things matter when you don't have your health.

If you are on a weight loss journey or you looking to improve your health please stay strong.  We all want to improve ourselves.  We all want to be the best version of ourselves today and always.

Much Health to ALL,


4 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration. I really, really admire you. Thank you for your transparency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much for your kind words. Thank you so much for reading my post. I will always be transparent. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Awesome job!!! Please share about the intermittent fasting. I am interested in doing it. I have about 30 lbs I want to lose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I will. I am writing a post on intermittent fasting soon. All coming to you. Thank you for reading my post. xoxo

      Delete