Success Story - Meet Natalia P.


Name: Natalia P
Age:  24
Height: 5'11"
Before Weight:  310 size 24
Current Weight: 220 size 16

How did you gain your weight?   I've always struggled with my weight mostly because it runs in the family. But my crisis started 3 years ago when my grandmother died of cancer, and I was homeless. I found refugee in food and isolated myself from the world. In a period of 3 months I gained 60 pounds. I was amused when I saw my BMI chart that showed I was morbidly obese.  But believe me there is nothing funny about feeling tired, and having body aches at such young age. I felt nothing like myself.  

What made you change your lifestyle?   I was doing research and found a weight management clinic. I was then referred to Harlem Hospital Bariatric Clinic in NYC, where I started the process to get the bypass gastric surgery.

Have you reach you goal weight? I have lost 90 pounds so far, and my goal is to lose 120 pounds to reach my goal weight of 180 pounds.

What was the hardest obstacle in your weight loss journey?  The hardest obstacle was going against my families bad eating habits, and keeping off sugar. My diet changed drastically, I went from eating junk food and fast food to having protein drinks daily, drinking lots of water, eating small portions of food every 3 hours and exercise.

Any advise you would like to offer to people that are starting this journey? My advise to those who struggle with weight problems is to seek help, counseling and use all resources possible. It's not easy-- it's like breaking an addiction.   If we don't take care of ourselves and love ourselves by eating right who is going to do it for us? We have to make changes in order to live a healthy and happy life.

What kept you motivated?  I was motivated by my family and friends. I love myself, and it was time to show it by taking care of myself first before others. My inspiration was my grandmother because she always took care of me and I know she would have wanted me to be happy and healthy as I am now.

Do you have a secret indulgence? My weaknesses are desserts and candies.

Do you have a FB page, IG and/or Blog you want to share with us?  My IG is @Layankeelov8.  Thank you for reading my story.

###

 Editor's Note:   Kudos to Natalia for taking control of her life and health.  You look great and I am sure you are feeling even better.  Keep strong and keep up going.  You got this!!! Wishing you all the best with many many years of health and happiness. xo

3 comments:

  1. Hi Patti! Great story!! I found your blog through Carli's website! :) You are so incredibly inspiring and I hope to have your drive and dedication! :) I noticed that you are local and I wanted to invite you to a health and fitness event that myself and a few other bloggers are planning in NYC this may! http://brooklynactivemama.com/03/2014/announcing-a-healthy-u-conference.html Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie Thank you for stopping by and thank you for the invitation to your wonderful event, but unfortunately I will be away. It looks great though and I wish you the best. I will share the information on my page. Please keep me posted on future event. xo Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete