Success Story - Meet Miguel R.

 
Name:  Miguel R.
Age: 26
Height: 5'9"
Before Weight: 231 lbs
Current Weight:  185 lbs

How did you gain your weight?  I gained weight by eating unhealthy, over eating and not being active at all.

What made you change your lifestyle?  I made the change because I was tired of being overweight and wanting to look and feel better.

How did you lose your weight?  I lost the weight by eating healthier, doing intermittent fasting, staying in a caloric deficit and going to the gym 6 days a week.

What was the hardest obstacle in your weight loss journey? The hardest thing was making the lifestyle change and sticking with it.  Changes are hard to make and we sometimes resist them.  

Any advise you would like to offer to people that are starting this journey?  The only advise I would give is to make the change and stay dedicated and determined.  Your mind is very powerful and mental toughness is the best way to get through it.

What kept you motivated?  The thing that kept me and still keeps me motivated is wanting to look better and be healthy.  I realized there is always room for improvement.  I'm young, and I want to enjoy life, and I hope to live a long and healthy life. 

###

Editor's Note:  I want to congratulate Miguel on his big accomplishment.  Miguel's mom and I went to High School together (I guess I'm divulging our ages) - LOL .  I know she is very proud of him not only for his accomplishments, but also as her son.  Congratulations to you also Evelyn!!

Obesity is on the rise in our younger generation, and I'm happy that a young man like Miguel is taking control in changing  his lifestyle.  A lifestyle that will yield many wonderful benefits.  Kudos to you-- young man!!!
I know it's hard to change habits, especially when sometimes dealing with peer pressure, but keep up the good work, and inspire your peers. Stay strong and focused.  - Go and Conquer!!!!

PS - Just in case you are wondering - Heavy Girl to Healthy Girl  features male's success stories also. Miguel just happened to be our first one.  Yay!!!!  So please if you want to share your success story, please contact me.  Lets inspire and motivate...

No comments:

Post a Comment