Back in the Game - August's 5K

Ready to GO!!
After almost 4 long months of taking care of my hamstring injury and not running, I'm finally back!!!!

I was so happy to get the OK from my trainer to start running again.  I felt strong and ready to get back in the game.  She warned me to start slow, I was NOT going for a new PR - that's for sure.

There were a few factors I encountered in this run:
Besides not been running for almost four months, I had to test and put into play new techniques shown to me by my trainer, and this was my first race in a summer month - all of my other 5K's had been in the winter months. So I wasn't sure how my body was going to react to the warm weather.


Regardless, I was ready to give it a shot.  I chose a route that I was familiar with - Riverside Park.   On August 21, 2013, I did the last run of the NYCRUNS Riverside Park Summer 5K Series.

I started slow and strong, but at the start of mile 3 I started struggling a bit which caused me to slow down on a steady pace.  I finished strong, but my time really showed my struggle.  I finished with a time of 35:11. The worse time yet-- placing me 193 out 222 runners, and 4th place in my age group.

I have learned not to be hard on myself.  I know that I will get back my speed, and that I will improve as time goes by.  I'm just happy that I'm back and God willing it is full steam ahead from now on.

I have not lost sight of my goal which is running my first half marathon.  So I won't make it for this October as I had planned I would, but I will try my hardest to make it for October 2014.  I'm back!!

I'm a Finisher

If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return.


3 comments:

  1. mcafee.com/activate
    www.office.com/setup
    www.office.com/setup
    thanks for posting this blog.thanks for posting this blog.thanks for posting this blog.thanks for posting this blog.thanks for posting this blog.thanks for posting this blog.thanks for posting this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad and enjoyed your BLOG, It is very informative on the subject or topic, and Thanks For Sharing this post. I have something to share

    here

    Buy Ambien Online

    Order Ambien Online

    Buy Ambien 10mg Online



    xanax bars for sale


    fastest Modafinil delivery


    ativan 2mg buy online

    ativan 1mg tablet buy online

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been encouraging our users to ask for help if they are confronting issues while working with AOL com login. You need to check your login details twice. For an immediate solution, you can contact us through our official website. We can help you in the best way we can.

    ReplyDelete