My Races Dedication - Part II



You all have to excuse me that I'm a little late posting this, but it has been one of those months. But, we always have to stay positive and I believe that it can only get better now.

As you know I always dedicate my runs to someone in no particular order.  My March races are somewhat bittersweet due to several reasons:

1-- These races will be my last ones for awhile due to a small injury I've sustained. I have to take care and heal the injury before I continue with my running goals.

2-- On March 3, 2013, I lost one of my warriors.  She was one of my biggest weapons to battle my weight journey, one of my biggest cheerleaders. So needless to say, I am running with a heavy heart, but I'm sure she is cheering me from above.  I have gained another Angel.

Taffy and Me
My first race for March was March 10, 2013, I did the Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies 5k.  This race was dedicated to Taffy Dabby.
Taffy opened the doors to a place that has become my safe haven and my second home.  She is the Director/Manager of The Whitehall Health Club.

The Dedication Reads:
She might be pint size, but her heart is the biggest.  Her passion, dedication, compassion, and caring are just a few of her virtues.  She has the gift of logic, the art of reasoning that makes you realize misunderstandings.  She is plain and simple a little ray of sunshine. 

My second race will be March 16, 2013, I will be running the NYCRUNS Riverside Park 5K.  This race will be dedicated to Maria Jorge.
Maria came into my life a few years ago becoming like a little sister.  She cheers me on no matter what.  I really appreciate her friendship and most of all the love that she gives to one of the most important person in my life - "My Brother".

Maria and Me
The Dedication Reads:
Even though we are not related by blood, a bond has been created between us.  You are the little sister that I never got to have.  I'm grateful for your loyalty and love through good and bad times.

As I said before, I will be taking a sabbatical from running, but God willing I will come back kicking butt.  In the meantime, I will continue my workouts and staying strong.

"The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong." ~ Swami Vivekananda  
                                                     

Related Link:

5 comments:

  1. Your determination never ceases! I am always with you in SPIRIT--counting out loud --- 8,7,6... never give up!
    You're amazing, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Michelle! My beautiful teacher/instructor. You have taught me to be strong. I have missed you, but I will be returning for sure. I always feel your energy. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your posts are inspiring. I weigh a whole lot more than you did when you started and am your same height, so I have a long way to go, and am older than you too. But anything is possible, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan. You are right!!! Anything is possible. When I started my journey I never phantom I would travel this far, but I did. If I can do it - you certainly can. I love the Chinese proverb that says: "A journey of a thousand miles, starts with the first step". One step at a time Jan, and you will travel far. It is not going to happen overnight, but I promise that you will get back what you put in. Thank you for stopping by and for your comment. BTW I'm not as young as I look. LOL

      Delete
  3. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work la berberine

    ReplyDelete